Vitamin/mineral Supplement

Guest Stripeyfan

Guest Stripeyfan

Kelly's on a home-cooked bland diet because of his IBD, so he gets a complete vitamin/mineral supplement. It's one our vet recommended, a powder which I mix into the food, and the latest batch I bought has a new instruction on the label - 'Mix [correct dose for weight] with the daily feed of the dog.'

The reason I'm confused (doesn't take much to be honest!) is because we feed Kelly 3X day. Does 'mix with daily feed' mean I should be splitting the dose (he gets 2 scoops) across the total amount of food he gets per day, or should I be putting 2 scoops with each meal? I don't want to be under- or over-dosing him.

They must mean *daily*, regardless of how many times you feed the dog :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KennelMom

What Batmom said. Split the dosage or give it all in one meal, doesn't make a difference. That's just the amount he's supposed to get in a day. I'd probably split it into two meals...that's how I take my own vitamins.