New Around Here, New Grey Mom

Guest SupersMom

Guest SupersMom

She had us wrapped around her "Super" paw the moment we saw her a week ago. She's such a fast learner too, and so far very gentle with her toys.

Guest Ohiogreymom

It's wonderful watching them settle in, isn't it? :P

I'm surprised how well the first potty experience went. After going to the yard to explore the house we gave her some time to look around, then I asked her if she wanted to go outside, and she made a beeline for the sliding door, did her thing and beelined it back inside, once on leash, once off (fenced yard). She's snoozing at the foot of the couch at the moment.

Congratulations! Is your sliding door by any chance glass? If so, PLEASE make sure you put stickers or something on the glass. Greyhounds have gone thru glass sliding doors before with horrible outcomes! Darlene

Guest SupersMom

Yes, we put painters tape on it at her eye level.

We're settled in for the "first night." I'm a little worried whether she can get through the whole night without leaving a present for us in the morning---I took her out and let the bugs feast on me for the better part of an hour and she never relieved herself at "last call", and her last productive BM was 8 hours ago. I've been taking her out almost every two hours--varied around her napping.

She is settled in our room, on her own bed, and the is tile floor next to it...so I'm hoping my alarm goes off before she does.

She's had a pretty spectacular day: car ride, back yard time, toys, naptime on the couch, some peanut butter (with her meds inside) and lots of cuddles. (she is definitely a couch cuddler) Heck, I want to be a greyhound with that schedule!

Congratulations! Super is a gorgeous brindle girl. It sounds like she is settling in very nicely. Looking forward to seeing more photos of your girl.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest OurIndy

I'm new around here and have been reading about people's new additions to get an idea of what to expect. My boyfriend and I have been planning on getting a GH for almost a year now and just came home with Indiana today! It's been so great to read about Super's happy and smooth transition. You guys seem to be doing great with her and it's inspired us! Super is such a gorgeous girlie.... in fact she looks a whole lot like our new big brindle boy! Best wishes to you and your new family member.