Vocal Greyhound

Guest NHgreys

This is what I have come home to every.single.day for the last 6 years. :lol It starts as soon as the garage door opens!

Reminds me of our welcome home - lots of barking, chasing each other and grabbing stuffies. Probably drives our neighbors crazy, we live in a condo!

Edited by NHgreys

Guest kellygreyhound

Hahahaha!! I am so glad to hear that other folks have loudmouth greyhounds too! My girl barks for dinner, attention, walks, ball is under the bed can you come get it NOW?????, playtime, and when she wants another dog to play with her (which doesn't always work, because her play bark is loud and booming and frequently just scares the bejeezus out of the other dog). And I usually just placate her (I know, bad) because her barking is annoying and when I ignore she gets *right* in my face and barks. Well, she's a good girl in all other respects :rolleyes:

Edited by kellygreyhound

Guest LindsaySF

I've heard that you teach the command "Speak" then never "ask" for that behavior. Don't know if it works.

We tried that with Aidan. Now he just barks whenever he sees something he wants, because we rewarded him so much while teaching him. rolleyes.gif Teaching speak backfired for us! :lol I do know others have had success though.