Darford Zero/g

Guest meggera

Guest meggera

Yesterday we were out running errands and stopped by the specialty dog food store where we get our Vanille's food at. We were there to buy small easy to use training treats. I've been using Real Meat with success but it seems to make her stool slightly soft. My husband saw that the Darford Zero/G was on sale for two boxes for $9.99. He thought "great idea!" I asked the sales clerk if they would be suitable for training treats. She assured me that the would. I asked why they were on sale. She said because they were not selling well because of the 'black packaging.' My husband was satisfied and put back the Real Meat treats and purchased the Darford Zero/G.

The trouble is that they are roughly the size of a double stuff Oreo, crunchy, crumbly, and seem to be giving Vanille some SERIOUS stomach trouble. She had two cookies last night and woke me up this morning at 5:30 AM because she was dying to get outside. Once outside she had big ole diarrhea mess. She has since had another bout of diarrhea and has had awful gas all day. I can tell she isn't feeling well because she isn't her normal playful self. The only thing in her diet that has changed is the training treats. I think it is safe to say, Zero grains, Zero Gluten, Zero GMO's does not equate to greyhound friendly.

Guest BiancasMom

Sounds like she is quite sensitive. Maybe you could just try some pieces of chicken chopped small. That is pretty bland and shouldn't cause problems. I'm sure the treats have some sort of gaurantee. Try returning them to the pet store.

You might try getting some hotdogs and slicing them thin and then microwaving to dehydrate.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest BrianRke

You might try getting some hotdogs and slicing them thin and then microwaving to dehydrate.

That sounds great, Im going to have to try that.

Guest greytkidsmom

Makes you wonder if the clerk knows what a training treat is...

We use Zuke's for training treats - they are soft and small and haven't had any "intestinal complications" yet.

My link