My Gourmet Foodsnobs Are Eating Plain Kibble

Guest avadogner

Guest avadogner

Hi GT friends,

We have super picky eaters here at Casa de Ava and Augie. Ava eats Blue Buffalo Salmon Grain Free with a half bottle of Ensure and topped with a sprinkle of cheese. Augie has always prefered meats added to his Lamb and rice kibble. Over the last few weeks with them both being sick/hurt, I have had trouble getting them to eat. Ava finally got back on track and is feeding well. Augie has been one tough customer. We have tried his kibble with all kinds off goodies from venison (his fav usually), baked chicken, ground sirloin and about 5 different types of can food. He is doing what Ava did when she started having pain problems. She went from loving meat to refusing it. I can't even take the smell of meat when i feel bad so I get it. We have them both on Tramadol so we are giving Famotidine before meals. It's really helped Ava but Augie still wouldnt eat. I was getting really fustrated and tired of wasting food and in an act of frustration I just set out plain bowls of kibble (Ava's salmon Grain Free Blue Buffalo). I told them "the kitchen is closed!"

An hour later both bowls were EMPTY!!!!!! :eek

I guess that doesn't speak well for my culinary skills but I was so happy to see happy bowls!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Little stinkers! I can't say that I have ever had any problem eaters, if anything mine want to eat TOO much; but I know mine go crazy for anything "different" even if that means a plain bowl of kibble with no supplements, or raw, or anything. :lol I am glad they are eating, let's keep it up, kids!