Question For All You Corn Doggies Out There.

Guest cristaron

Guest cristaron

I have a male that has had corn trouble for the past couple years. Yup, I've read all

the information there is on them and all the good tips you fellow greyhounders have to

offer.

He's been into my vet to have one surgically removed (never do that again, came back within

two months) and he also has one that bleeds on and off. Little tiny pinhole in the middle

that can be fine for months, then starts oozing. Only does it for a couple days and then

dries up again. No foreign object in it.

Took him to the University of Minnesota yesterday and they were actually stumped. They've

never heard of a bleeding corn, but that's what their diagnosis was :(

So my question is, is there anyone out there who's grey has actually ever had bleeding corn

or is my beautiful boy the only one in the world??

Thank you everyone.

If someone out there can help me, I'll be eternally grateful.

Jack's corns don't bleed like you describe, but every now and again, when I'm able to peel some of the corn off, there is a little pinpoint of blood. It doesn't ooze or anything, though.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest cristaron

I'm going to try the duct tape on it. From everything I've read, it sounds like the

best way to go. I'll wait until it stops draining and give it a try. Sure probably

won't hurt and by some miracle maybe it will stop it from draining.

Thank you for your replies.

We'll all just keep plugging away at this darned affliction.

:)

You know that happened to my corn dog a few months ago. He was super tender on that foot and when I looked at the corn is was kind of red around the edges and looked almost infected looking or something. Then he ran down the stairs and came back up and the corn was gone and there seemed to be some blood spots but not a real bleeding situation. Is it like that or real oozing?

It looks like we may have that situation happening again right now. :dunno When I talked to our greyhound guru vet she had never heard of this oozing/bleeding thing either.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest cristaron

Yes, it's not a whole lot of blood, just a couple drops on and off, coming out of the little

pinhole in the middle. Right now it's completely dried up again.

I always know when it's starting to act up again - he starts licking that toe, even before it

starts to ooze.

I had contacted Suzanne Stack about it yesterday and she has never heard of bleeding

corns. Bleeding warts yes, but not bleeding corns.

This is kind of frustrating. It wouldn't be bad if we could figure out what it was and

how to treat it...

Guest MonsterMomma

My boy Manny had corns like that. I packed the hole with Abreva twice a day for approximately 2 weeks. I covered his foot with a baby sock to keep him from messing with it. It healed completely and hasn't returned.

My boy Manny had corns like that. I packed the hole with Abreva twice a day for approximately 2 weeks. I covered his foot with a baby sock to keep him from messing with it. It healed completely and hasn't returned.

If I get Jack's corns hulled again, I will definitely be trying the abreva. So far nothing else has worked, so it's worth a try!

Guest cristaron

Thank you for the information on Abreve MonsterMomma.

I'm going to try that. Boy, after all the things I've tried, if it works I'll be the

happiest person in the world.

Thank you for the information on Abreve MonsterMomma.

I'm going to try that. Boy, after all the things I've tried, if it works I'll be the

happiest person in the world.

We might be tied for "happiest person" if it really works. :)

Does anyone know if abreva works on a NON-hulled corn?

FWIW, Abreva didn't help us before, during or after a hull.

In reality, I wouldn't hold my breath for it to work, either, but I feel like I should try every option, just in case SOMETHING will work. :(

Someone also posted once that after their dog was on Zithromax (aka Z pack), its corns went away...:dunno

Guest MnMDogs

FWIW, Abreva didn't help us before, during or after a hull.

Same here, unfortunately. If the corns aren't viral in nature, it seems to me that Abreva wouldn't provide any relief.