No Answers

Figma

Took Ranger over for the ultrasound this morning and just got back from picking him up. Doc didn't see any tumors or anything really suspicious except maybe a small thickening in the intestine but is not concerned about it.

He will talk to my own Vet. Discussed a few things with him and, he suggested maybe a kidney and/or liver biopsy but then he reminded me of Ranger's age (12). Ball park, that could run from $1,000 to $2,000. Well, we've all been down the Vet bill road and I've already spent about $1,000 this week. Being realistic, I don't know that I would put him through that and if they found nothing, we are no further ahead.

I am going to discuss with my Vet *should* it be something like that, what would be the course of treatment. I am presuming Pred, possible meds and diet. I think I would opt, at this point, to treat him as if he may have a kidney issue. Even a Vet I consulted on line said that, sometimes in these older dogs that lose their appetites, some pred can at least help with that.

Sorry if some disagree, but with him being 12 years old, I would not consider surgery and/or chemo. As he is in no pain or discomfort now, my concern would be quality of life. He is still up and around and enjoys his two daily walks. Thankfully, he has been eating the ID food with the rice and chicken the past couple of days.

Hard decisions but I will be discussing all of this with my Vet.

I will mention the tick panel to him.

Thanks for all the support and feedback. It has helped a lot.