Possible Tumor Update #3

Guest amour

My boy is still not home. He kept his stock down last night but spit up his AM stock, the gas pockets are gone.

Vet started treatment for Babesia even thou it isn't confirmed yet We live in Alabama and I read that it's begining to show it's presence in the SE and showing up particularly in Greys; therefore I have no objections to this because he has multlple symptoms of it , however spitting up is usually no associated with it. I'm so frustrated and worried,, :unsure

Just out of curiosity does anyone have experience with Babesia?

I do :). My Phoenix was diagnosed with babesia shortly after I adopted him in 2002. He seemed very depressed and could barely walk across the street without needing to rest. It was very hard to get the diagnosis because I live in Canada and the offending ticks don't live here. Finally I vet who works with a local adoption group had him tested and his results were positive, plus the critters were visible in his blood. He was treated with Imizol, which needed to be imported as it wasn't available here. He's been fine ever since :).

I hope your boy improves very soon :).

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

My only experience is with people with babesia. The parasites cycle and cause symptoms like fever and severe exhaustion. Their life cycle causes cyclic flares of feeling terrible- it then abates some. Then flares again as the parasites reproduce and die. It causes anemia. It also causes damage to red blood cells. I'm not sure how it affects dogs. Have they done a babesia smear (I believe that is what they call it when they do the test in people, a special test that can be done a couple different ways. But it's been a couple years).

I hope they figure out what is wrong. I'm glad they found no mass. Fingers crossed for improvement very soon.

finalsiggy.jpg