Another Dog Food Recall

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Wow, I almost switched to that food a few weeks ago. Glad I went with Canidae instead.

We feed a mixture of Canidae Platinum and Chicken Soup Senior :-)) They love it!

Edited by Energy11

Guest Houndstown

We were feeding Chicken Soup, had been for years but our senior was getting tired of it. We got some Blue free at a Pet Expo and switched for a few months. We just recently switched to the Costco house brand because it's so similar but a fraction of the cost. I'm definitely going to check into this more! Thanks so much for the post!!

Guest Profgumby

I hate recalls too. But in Blue Buffalo's defense, if your dog is eating this food it will not die. Stop feeding the recalled food immediately though!

Unlike some of the last recalls. The two instances I have recently heard is one was for little bits of plastic in the food (someone dropped a hard hat into the machine or some sillyness) and too much Vitamin D in some of the Blue Buffalo feeds.

Too much vitamin D take a while to build up in a dogs system, and goes away when you remove the cause. In this case the food.

I am glad that Blue Buffalo is so proactive and recalled immediately and very publicly...themselves! No one had to force them and no dozens of folks had to have their dogs die due to contamination from poor quality suppliers.

It is unfortunate, but I say Bravo to Blue Buffalo!

(I am unsure if the plastic recall was Blue Buffalo...but it was a recent recall so maybe it is still pertinent here?)

EDIT: It was Nutro in Oct of 2009 where bits of plastic made it into the food...

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/very-confusing-statement-from-nutro-.html

Edited by Profgumby