Bil-Jac

Guest QS24

We have 3 greyhounds and have only been feeding them Bil-Jac Adult or Large Breed; however, lately we have been having problems with them wanting to eat it. We do mix in tomato juice as well. Any suggestions? Try a new food? We do not feed our dogs any people food.

There's no harm in trying a new food. I'm curious, why the tomato juice?

well we have 2 girls and tomato juice is said to keep them from leaving a mark on the grass

There's no harm in trying a new food. I'm curious, why the tomato juice?

well we have 2 girls and tomato juice is said to keep them from leaving a mark on the grass

Just not sure what food to try try as the male has a sensitive stomach. Looks like many people like Kirkland

If your male has a sensitive stomach, you might want to start with limited ingredient foods to help you understand what he's sensitive to, whether it's the protein or another ingredient. Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance or Blue Buffalo Basics are two examples.

I question whether giving the females tomato juice to avoid spots on your lawn is a good appraoach; even ripe tomatoes can cause heart arrhythmias in dogs. There are plenty or organic products on the market to apply to the spots where they go, and they probably work better -- and don't affect the health of your pups.

Here's a site that can help you narrow in on some foods to try: Dog Food Analysis

(and not all people food is bad for dogs... )