Roscoe Isnt Feeling Well

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh! I was hoping that this thread wouldn't be this long..............he would just poop it all out and be good to go. Hoping that he turns the corner in the right direction today. Here we go again! Praying for good poop!candle.gifcandle.gifcandle.gifhope.gifhope.gifhope.gif

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Roscoe seems to be much better this morning! I decided to take the morning off from work so he wouldn't be home alone all day, and I really needed the sleep! Roscoe slept like a rock from about 9 last night, after I gave him his meds, til 10 this morning when I got up. He seems in better spirits, but not 100%- maybe because I just stuffed a bunch of meds down his throat. :lol Either way, I think the big D is past us for the most part. The last time he had it was right as we got to the vet yesterday. I'm very reluctant to feed him because I'm scared it'll irritate his gut too much. I hope I'm not withholding food from him too much, but I decided to not feed him until later this afternoon when I'm home for the rest of the day. I need to go to the store for more chicken and rice anyway..

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

My vet tells me to fast Beth until 24 hours after the last incident of D. I don't always keep to that perfectly, but I think you'd be doing the right thing to wait. I add chicken broth to water to make sure Beth drinks plenty when she's fasting.... sometimes give her a little yogurt so her stomach isn't completely empty.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

So glad things appear to be returning to normal. Hint: Have read that rice may actually be a gut irritant in some dogs. Potatoes or pasta might be a little easier on the gut in combo with the chicken.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I am sorry I am just now seeing this, I am happy that Roscoe has got past the big D and it was not something worse. I know that had to be scary. We will say prayers that he continues to get better and he is back to his self soon!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Thursday morning update.

Yesterday when I got home from work he had the big D again, but just a little. It was dark in color so I'm sure there was a little blood in there, and trust me... even from several feet away it was the most noxious thing I've ever smelled. Oh.. and he was gassy with that lovely floral scent all evening. I fed him chicken and rice for dinner, not too much! I was nervous, but he did fine and didn't poop again until this morning.. just a little D.

So.. that's about it.

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest ChasesMum

that scent is usually blood. super gross hey? Chase had colitis way back when and it was THE nastiest stink ever.

Maybe add some pumpkin to the chicken/rice to help stiffen things up? acidophilus woudnt hurt either.