Sleep Racing

Guest slade

Guest slade

Does anyone know why Slade is sound asleep and suddenly races across the room, then he walks back to his bed, lays down and goes to sleep. This happens all the time! Does anyone else see this?

Guest EmilyandSioux

Sioux runs in his sleep all the time. He is on his side and his feet run just as fast as they can. He cries at the end and then is peaceful again. I would think it would be a dream like we have. Sleepwalking in a grey maybe??I would watch him closely and not bother him when he does this. He could get startled and bite at you not knowing it. When you get these guys you never know what their life was like before you. Just be careful. Don't panic it is probably nothing.

Guest kydie

my grey doesn't race in his sleep, but both "birders" hunt in their sleep, the youngest has even got up from a dead sleep and gone on point :lol

Guest scfilby

I think OP is saying her pup gets up and physically runs across the room.. not dream running like most greys do.

Our spooky Cy does this. He will be lounging on the couch and suddenly bolt through the living room at near full gallop. He is a big time spooky boy who feels that ceiling fans are going to drop from the sky and cause great harm. I always attributed the bolting from to couch to him reaching the edge of his bravery in staring down the evil fan. He will usually go lay on our bed after this and do battle with that room's fan for awhile..

Guest slade

Does anyone know why Slade is sound asleep and suddenly races across the room, then he walks back to his bed, lays down and goes to sleep. This happens all the time! Does anyone else see this?

Guest slade

Slade dreams every night. He is whimpering, barking, running (it so cute, his long legs just twitching away) but he also gets up and runs across the room in the middle of the night, then comes over to the bed for a pat and lays back down. I just have never had a dog burst in to a full run in the middle of the night. He also does it in the day, but that I can understand since there is different noises in the house at that time but not at night.

Guest slade

Sioux runs in his sleep all the time. He is on his side and his feet run just as fast as they can. He cries at the end and then is peaceful again. I would think it would be a dream like we have. Sleepwalking in a grey maybe??I would watch him closely and not bother him when he does this. He could get startled and bite at you not knowing it. When you get these guys you never know what their life was like before you. Just be careful. Don't panic it is probably nothing.

Oh as for the biting I have him sleeping by my bed and when he is dreaming I stick my foot out and touch him, that seems to make him feel better and he stops.