Peeing Issues

Guest ctgreylover

Guest ctgreylover

Tony seems to dislike the heat. He will run out poop and run back inside. Usually he enjoys eating the grass and laying in the sun. He is NOT peeing outside much. This morning I discovered he peed in his crate sometime before bedtime last night. I changed bedding and went to do an errand to find he peed in the crate again. He is only locked in the crate when I go out due to SA.

If its the heat, how do I get him to pee outside. He is a bit more mellow the past few days. I figured it was the heat. otherwise he acts normal. How do I know if he is getting dehydrated? he has NEVER EVER peed in the crate before. he is 8 1/2.

Any suggestions?

You can try staying out there with him until he pee's. If mine come back to the door too soon and I know they're not finished, I tell them to go potty (they all know what that means) and they will go out and finish. I've had to stand out there a time or two until one or more of mine goes.

If he's 8 1/2 and never done this before, you might want to have him check to see if he has a UTI. You can check to make sure he's hydrated by pulling the skin up on his back, if it snaps back he's hydrated. If it stays in position, he's not.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

You can try staying out there with him until he pee's. If mine come back to the door too soon and I know they're not finished, I tell them to go potty (they all know what that means) and they will go out and finish. I've had to stand out there a time or two until one or more of mine goes.

If he's 8 1/2 and never done this before, you might want to have him check to see if he has a UTI. You can check to make sure he's hydrated by pulling the skin up on his back, if it snaps back he's hydrated. If it stays in position, he's not.

What Judy said!

Guest ctgreylover

Vet left a vm. there are some crystals in Tony's urine. not a UTI. she is suggesting a change in food. Does anyone have any suggestions? He was on Purina One for 4 years. They changed the formula again just a few weeks ago. Maybe thats what is causing this... I am waiting to hear what she suggests.

Guest leash

My one year old male Magnum does the same thing. Except the lifting of the leg, does not know how to do that yet. We put in hard wood floors instead of carpet and that help a lot. Now if he goes it is easier to clean up. It was a little costly but worked like a charm. :colgate We also installed a dog door in our slider so he can go out if he wants. Made the outside more inviting for him to go outside. Pool, misters, and dog cots. We have now moved past this problem and are now working on the chewing up everything in the house. :angryfire