Black Spots On Skin On Thigh/butt

Guest Stargirl

Guest Stargirl

IMG_0777_3.JPG

Well, I hope that picture comes out. I have tried to search here for any other postings, but typing in a search for black spots and skin brings up a lot of posts, but I didn't see anything like this, but I can't believe it isn't too common. I just can't recall seeing it on other dogs, but maybe I have.

Anyways, does anyone elses dog have these spots? They are black, no red in them, and only raised very slightly. Almost looks like dark mud or ink was splashed on her, but they don't come off. They seem to have appeared rather quickly, don't think they were there 2 weeks ago. They aren't on her belly or anywhere else. She has not had a lot of fur on her butt or thighs in awhile, so I know they haven't been hidden under a winter coat. The spots don't seem to bother her at all, no itching and she has no fleas (one good thing about Michigan).

I had to add this photo, couldn't just show her rear end and not her face, she is a lady after all. Apparently I don't know how to add pictures.

Edited by Stargirl

I can't see the pictures but has she been lying in the sun a lot the last few weeks?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest MyCody

It's hard without a picture, which I can't do either, but could it be ticing?? Those are flat black markings almost like freckles, if they are, it's nothing, a lot of greys have them. Hope that's what it is. Maybe you could type ticing in the search box and bring up a picture.

All my black boys have them all over their bellies and legs. They're not raised, just a discoloration of the skin.

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Stargirl

Not sure why I can't get the picture to post, but I will look up ticing, have to say I have never heard of that before. I was just surprised by how quick the spots showed up. And she is not a lay in the sun dog at all, I'm lucky if I can get her to walk all the way down the street before she wants to turn around and go home.

Edited by Stargirl

Usually being in the sun will bring out those spots really quickly. If you upload your picture into Photobucket.com (it's free) you can post the pictures by using the 4th link under your photo. Just copy and paste the link on your post (don't use the link symbol at the top, just post the link in your post). Hope I haven't confused you.

Your girl is gorgeous! Those spots look just like the spots my boys have but theirs are more on their chest and belly. We notice they get more as they age. The boys are flat though, not raised at all.