Barfing For Attention?

Guest pennmorgan

Guest paulownedbyfour

Try the sensabites you can get it at chic petique at Liberty Walk. I would still recommend a blood panel from the vet in case there are any parasites or health issues.

Good Luck

I've had really good luck with Taste Of The Wild High Prairie Formula. It's grain free and easy on the tummy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest LindsaySF

I agree with the suggestions to change food. Also, I would deworm her again (even if the fecal sample is negative, deworm her anyway).

Guest 4dogscrazy

I have a slightly gaggy, horky, picky eater. Since I've had her on TOTW Pacific Stream, we have had no problems!

A friend has a greyhound who barfs when she's upset about something. The weird thing about it is that her name is also Olivia! So, I think it can be behavioral as much as medical.

Guest iconsmum

A friend has a greyhound who barfs when she's upset about something. The weird thing about it is that her name is also Olivia! So, I think it can be behavioral as much as medical.

except that brfing whe she's upset about something is a physiological reaction to stress, not behavioral

except that brfing whe she's upset about something is a physiological reaction to stress, not behavioral

Hmmm. The point I unsucessfully tried to make is that she's barfing for a non-medical reason, such as allergy, reflux, stomach cancer, and the like. IOW, the barfing cause could be in her head, not coming from a physiological issue. A better word might be a psychological issue, which causes the barfing behavior. I'm no behavior expert but I've observed this over and over. We have a cat who barfs, pees, and pukes the minutes she *sees* a cat carrier when we're taking the other cat to the vet. It's all in her head!

Guest GentleHugs

Hmmm. The point I unsucessfully tried to make is that she's barfing for a non-medical reason, such as allergy, reflux, stomach cancer, and the like. IOW, the barfing cause could be in her head, not coming from a physiological issue. A better word might be a psychological issue, which causes the barfing behavior. I'm no behavior expert but I've observed this over and over. We have a cat who barfs, pees, and pukes the minutes she *sees* a cat carrier when we're taking the other cat to the vet. It's all in her head!

I agree Marcia - sometimes it is a psychological or mental behavior issue - not a general behavior issue or a medical issue. Some dogs who have separation anxiety or just plain anxiety (both are mental behavior issues - not a general obedience behavior issues) will get so stressed and anxious they will barf.