Lovie Is Sick

Guest jvandover

Guest jvandover

I don't know what caused it, but I get a call yesterday while at work telling me Lovie had some diarrhea on the carpet in the basement. This is very unlike her (she NEVER poops inside, she barks if she really needs to poop) so I knew something was up. Well, I cleaned it up, and at a lady in my groups suggestion I fed her a little bit of pasta, along with some of the water the pasta was cooked in and a Gerber baby food "meat stick" chopped into small pieces with the pasta. This of course was instead of her normal dinner. I took her out several times during the course of the evening, and she never tried to poop at all. She was acting normal, and seemed fine. We all went to bed, and at about 5:30 this morning we wake suddenly to her yakking. She vomited a little on the floor before I could get her downstairs, and out back. I then (not thinking clearly, had just awoken) left her out back while I ran to grab a towel. I should have stayed to see if she vomited any more, but I don't know if she did. I let her back in, and we cleaned up and went back to bed, but her stomach was making VERY audible grumbly noises. She didn't feel swelled, so I didn't worry to much, just figured it was empty. This morning she seems normal, but again with the grumbly tummy. I am hesitant to feed her, as fasting may be the best option, but I don't want her going hungry either (her tummy is very loud).

Any suggestions on whether to give her a little food, or would it be best to wait? All of this and she was supposed to get her teeth cleaned in the morning, I guess that will have to wait, heh.

Guest MyBoys

How is Lovie today???? You could try giving her a little cooked white meat chicken and rice if her tummy is still making sounds.

Guest jvandover

Sorry, since I accidentally initially put this post in the food forum, I have done most of my posting there. In short though, she has eaten several small meals of rice/chicken today and seems in much better spirits.

Guest Energy11

That is VERY good news! She might have eaten something she wasn't supossed to, which gave her the tummy problems, or had a virus of some kind. I'd keep her on the bland diet for a few more days!

Sending love!