Limping Again

Guest kar

Its back to the vet with Scotch. This time it is the leg that he had the broken hock on. Back right. I do not see anything on the leg - no lumps other than the one he always had since I've had him. Just hate to do xrays again. Does everyone's vet put them out for xrays? I wish they could just xray the leg without putting him out.

Guest VaGreymom

I have had xrays where they sedated them and for others they did not sedate. My little girl had osteo and they had to sedate her to get good views as she was in pain.

Sending positive thoughts for Scotch.

Some need to be sedated. Some don't. And when they are "out" they can really get good films of all angles. It's hard to bend them into pretzels when they are awake.

Hope it's nothing.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thanks, I can't take him until Saturday. My lovely job will not let me take it off. Which means if they feel it needs xrays - they only sedate on wednesdays. Hoping they feel its nothing - but I hate to see him limp. Went through xrays with his front leg - all turned out well and put him on glucosomine and he's been fine, until now. I'm hoping for the best.

Went to the vet with scotch today. She thinks it might be a knee injury. Gave me some antiinflamatory pills and said if he is no better in a week they'll xray. He did loose some weight. Dropped from 82 lbs to 78. Has anyone elses dogs lost weight over the winter? I know we'll probably be going for xrays again.

Guest Energy11

Hope it's just a strain or sprain!

MINE GAIN in the winter. Actually, we just decided to put Oakly on a diet. Days like today, ... drizzly, nasty, etc., we can't walk them. We TRY everyday for a walk. Good for us, and for them.

Has your boy been eating less? Good Luck with eveyrthing!

No actually he's always hungry - they all are more hungry and all look thinner to me. I've feeding costco - i don't think they've changed their formula. I still walk in the winter unless it unusually cold. Maybe its due to the cold. Any way now another injury - had them out - heard a yelp - was outside with them don't know what happened but scotch now has a big gash on his tail. How in the world did he do that - put some antibiodic ointment on after I cleaned it - hope it heals up otherwise yet another trip to the vet. Don't know whats going on with my scotch poor boy.

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

If they're all hungry and eating more and not gaining, my first action would be to treat for tapeworms, which routine HW pills do not prevent. It could be the cold, I suppose, but having never lived in any real cold, I have no experience with that!

I mentioned this to my vet and she said it would be a good idea to test. I'll drop one off on Monday. They all can't seem to get enough to eat - they're even to the point of stealing the food if they can get into it. They've never been like that before. Poor scotch now he has a tail injury too. I don't know how he manages to do these things and I was right outside with him too - didn't see it happend but heard the yelp. He is so stoic when he goes to the vet it took a lot of pressure on his knee for him to even wince - he would not limp until she came outside to watch me walk him. She spent 45 minutes with us. I think of my three he is her favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

One week on the antinflamatory and scotch is still limping. Want to get him xrayed but everytime I want it set up (they do procedures on wednesdays) we are expecting a snow storm. I will call the vet tomorrow. I'm worried about him.

Scotch will go for his xrays on monday. I'll be a nervous wreck until then. I won't take them for their walks today because scotch will be upset that he can't go. Hope everything turns out ok.

Sening prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Thanks, he's limping a little more tonight so I'm more concerned. He's such a good boy. Wish I could take him in before Monday. Maybe I'll call tomorrow and see if I can bump it up a little, but I think I got the first available and tomorrow is our big snow storm.

Scotch went for his xrays today. THANK GOD NO OSTEO, NO ACL TEAR. They really don't know why he is limping - gave him a different antiinflamatory. He's a little under the weather tonight, but I'm glad he's home. :)

Guest LindsaySF

I'm glad they didn't see anything bad. :)

My dogs eat more food in the winter, especially the Greys. It takes more energy to keep warm and they love doing snow zoomies. If your pups look like they've lost weight I would increase their food a little.