Leg Mass/bulge

Guest HighMaintenance

Guest HighMaintenance

Thank you so much for the sweet support. It's the not knowing and the "hmmm, I have no idea what it could be" from those (vets) that I trust that make me the most nervous. But, not much else I can do right now. Hugs to Shane.

I'm sorry things aren't clarified yet, hon. You've done everything you can for now. Your pup's not in any pain, right? So Tuesday isn't that far away, and I'd suggest you sit tight until you hear back from Dr. Couto. Please know we're thinking about you and supporting you meanwhile, however invisibly! And I can't tell you why but I feel like it's all going to be okay. Sticking my neck out in public here! lol.gif Hope it helps a little! :bighug

Guest eaglflyt

I hope your pup is doing well. I just wanted to ask if he's on antibiotics since his biopsy since his incision looks a little swollen and red.

I hope you hear from Dr. Couto soon and that your pup has a quick recovery and long & happy future with a clean bill of health.

Oh, one more thing, if he keeps his bandage on, you may need a little olive oil to remove the adhesive without making his skin sore. We learned this the hard way with our girl a few months ago.

Edited by eaglflyt

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Just had a thought.

I wonder if it's possible that there was a muscle tear lower and the top part of the muscle stayed attached, causing the muscle to pull upward instead of the normal down/drop that we usually see?

Not sure if that is possible but it's a thought. :dunno

Guest trevdog

My Ossie has a dropped muscle in the same spot as your boy's. It does look pretty similar to it, although your pup's may be more swollen right now so it's hard to tell. Ossie also has one on the top of his leg which we did a biopsy on years ago as my vet had never seen one there either- and he's the former track vet here- and it turned out to be a tear...so hoping this is still the case with your boy. As I have no idea what your vet said regarding the cells.

Guest HighMaintenance

Darn, I wish I would have asked earlier how to remove a bandage - olive oil - perfect! We just set a warm washcloth on the bandage every night and it made removal not too bad, just took a while. Well, good to know on the olive oil.

No, the vet didn't put him on antibiotics b/c he said there was no removal and it was a clean incision (?).

Saturday night, the little brat took out his stitches. We called the e-vet and they said we could bring him in and put a couple staples in there, but with that wound, we did not want to have him go through that. They said to try a butterfly bandage, which we were going to do in the morning, but when we woke up, it was nicely scabbed over and looks very good now.

Thank you!

I hope your pup is doing well. I just wanted to ask if he's on antibiotics since his biopsy since his incision looks a little swollen and red.

I hope you hear from Dr. Couto soon and that your pup has a quick recovery and long & happy future with a clean bill of health.

Oh, one more thing, if he keeps his bandage on, you may need a little olive oil to remove the adhesive without making his skin sore. We learned this the hard way with our girl a few months ago.

Interesting, that sounds very logical...

Just had a thought.

I wonder if it's possible that there was a muscle tear lower and the top part of the muscle stayed attached, causing the muscle to pull upward instead of the normal down/drop that we usually see?

Not sure if that is possible but it's a thought. :dunno

Ossie is a cute name. Yes, it's a bit swolen and red, but much more than what it looked like pre-biopsy.

My Ossie has a dropped muscle in the same spot as your boy's. It does look pretty similar to it, although your pup's may be more swollen right now so it's hard to tell. Ossie also has one on the top of his leg which we did a biopsy on years ago as my vet had never seen one there either- and he's the former track vet here- and it turned out to be a tear...so hoping this is still the case with your boy. As I have no idea what your vet said regarding the cells.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HighMaintenance

Just wanted to update everyone - my vet and Dr. Couto are playing phone tag. Dr. Couto is now out of town until 2/22, so I'm in a holding pattern. Will update soon (I hope).