Miles Vomiting

Guest GriffinsMom

Guest GriffinsMom

Miles vomited three times last night. He is supposed to get a dose of Medicam every morning to manage his arthritis pain. Should I still give him a light meal (scrambled eggs) now with meds, don't feed breakfast but wait and give him a light meal tonight with his meds, or fast him today and give a full meal plus meds tomorrow morning? Other options?

I gave Miles a Pepcid in a piece of cheese and he took it with no problem and seems interested in eating.

Miles and Ava are fed raw. Ava has a cast iron stomach and is feeling great today. I am throwing out all the raw that is in the fridge and thawing new just in case whatever bothered Miles is related to the food.

Will missing a dose of Metacam be a big problem? Miles has becomes quite lame in his back right leg due to arthritis and has been doing very well between the Metacam and weekly Cartrafin shot. I don't want him to have a set back if he misses a dose of Metacam.

Miles morning poop was firm and looked normal.

Miles had been gumming a bully stick last night but he has had bully sticks with no problems.

Any advise or other options would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sharon

Edited by GriffinsMom

Guest GriffinsMom

Miles has been on Metacam for the last two and a half weeks and did have an upset stomach from it which is why he gets a Pepcid with his breakfast which contains the meds. But his stomach was upset a couple of hours after breakfast. This time he threw up in the middle of the night.

Thank you for the reminder, I'll call the vet when they open.

Guest Energy11

Might be the Pepcid, might be from the food. Hard so stay. I'd keep him off the Metacam and stick with the Pepcid and a bland diet until you talk to the vet. Might have just been a tummy ache! Good Luck

if it was me I would stop giving any meds until after you have spoken with the vet. If the dog is vomiting the meds are being yakked out too and not doing much good.