Gracie Needs Some Gt Prayers

Guest DebSzal

Guest DebSzal

Gracie had a toe on her back leg amputated on Monday. We had to wait to do the surgery until the infection subsided and we cleared up a low platelet issue. Now we wait to see what the pathology report indicates. The vet seems pretty sure that it is a cancer and is waiting to see what kind before developing a treatment. I hope he is wrong, but he has good instincts and is usually correct. Now that I have written this, I sure hope I can prove him wrong! Please send healing thoughts Gracie's way and prayers for a good report.

Gracie is doing well after the first night. The vet wants her activity to a minimum which is not too much of a problem for my couch potato. However, my DH didn't use the leash to take her potty tonight (he didn't think he would need it mad.gif )and she took off on a run of sorts in the back yard. Now he knows why I told him to use the leash. Gracie seems OK, but we are keeping a close eye on the bandage.

It will be a looooong week. Thanks for thinking of us.

Sending powerful prayers for Gracie and her family. We will be waiting and hoping with you.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Fingers crossed it was just a "nothing" lump.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.