Where To Get A Prescription For Fluids

Guest suenotto

Guest suenotto

I did not title my prior thread correctly and as a result the responses were not that helpful.

Currently I am paying a lot for a bag of fluids from my vet which I need 1000 ml a week for the rest of my dog's life, which I hope is a good long time!

The hospital my vet works at does not deal with online pharmacies. If she is unable to write me a script,

is there some way to obtain fluids without a script (often you can obtain medications etc intended for livestock without a prescription, but I don't know if that's the case for fluids or not) or is there a greyhound vet on greytalk who I can discuss my dog's case with in order to get a script..

Getting the prescription is the problem., or finding a place that sells without a prescription.

In some states, it's law the vet must be willing to cut a script for a medication they prescribe- it's an ethics violation if they won't.

http://members.verizon.net/~vze2r6qt/supplies/legal.htm

I'm sure these vets would howl with protest if they had to buy parts for their car from the dealer, too.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

I never needed a rx for fluids or drip lines, only for needles. Here is a link to a site that lists places from which these supplies can be obtained relatively inexpensively. Hope it helps.

http://www.felinecrf.org/obtaining_supplie....htm#fluids_usa

ETA: I should have said: can be btained cheaply and without a prescription!

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).