Marilyn Is No Longer Available For Adoption

Texasgreys

I've been fostering Marilyn since the middle of June, but she was on "Injured Reserve" due to her ehrlichia titers. Afer months of treatment, her PCR test finally came back negative, so she's ready to find a home.

Marilyn is a bit reserved at first, but boy she's a beauty! I think you'll agree...

These photos were taken on a rained-out play date - she was not so thrilled with being stuck in the screened room...

marilyn5.jpg

marilyn6.jpg

marilynbored.jpg

marilyn3.jpg

Here's hoping she finds her home soon!

Edited by Texasgreys

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I'm going to post this on my FB page. I have a hoard of friends who now think they need to look into adopting a Grey, thanks to my lover boy, True. She is beautiful and we're close enough that it's entirely feasible. :)

I'm going to post this on my FB page. I have a hoard of friends who now think they need to look into adopting a Grey, thanks to my lover boy, True. She is beautiful and we're close enough that it's entirely feasible. :)

Thanks! I know that GALT adopts out-of-state; the adopter may have to travel to get the dog, though.

Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

Thanks! I know that GALT adopts out-of-state; the adopter may have to travel to get the dog, though.

She is just beautiful, and when I inquired about adopting from GALT, they were fine with it but I would have to go there and meet the dog which of course makes sense

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Here is the weirdest thing - I call my Saffron and Marilyn "Twinners" because their bodies are marked identically - same lightest fawn, same white socks, same white on the tail (and they both had the thickest fur when they first retired - Saffi's was yellow, hence the name, and Marilyn looked like a white hound). Marilyn's neck is half white while Saffi has a white star on her neck (and a cowlick), and Saffi has black on her face, but when there's trouble in the house they BOTH get blamed because they're both usually involved and it takes too long for the synapses to fire to see who's acting up.

Saffi has been outgoing from the day I got her from the farm. Marilyn was so scared when they brought her to the front at the vet that she peed and pooped in the lobby. However now Marilyn is as playful as Saffi and runs up for scritches. She still is hesitant at new situations but really warms up quickly.

Here's Saffi on the same play date:

post-15672-1253846508_thumb.jpg

My Twinners :inlove

Random, but since you work with GALT I just had to say it: thanks for saving this guy http://www.saveagrey.org/available/rock.shtml. He is one of my Zoey's puppies!

I didn't know Rock, but GALT is awsome! I'm glad to foster for them!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

She is Gorgeous!!!!! :wub::wub: I hope she gets her Forever home for Christmas!!!!

Wishes do come true - Marilyn went to her forever home the week before Christmas!

She has a (REALLY) big dark brindle brother named Bugsy and lives on a golf course. Her new parents had lost their female (Nellie) a couple of months ago.

Congratulations Marilyn!!! Merry Christmas sweetie!

Definitly got some Dutch Bahama eyes going on there. 

Yes, let your friends know GALT adops out of state, I have one waiting for his heartworm test to come back negative so I can go get him from GALT.