Transitional Cell Carcinoma In Bladder

Guest Lori

she also mentioned something like a catheter that leads from the bladder out the abdominal wall?

Friend did this with her non-grey. It worked for a few weeks but not very long -- really kind of a stopgap :( .

Sending gentle hugs to yourself and your pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest NahlaGreys2

I think you have to have 50 posts. sad.gif You can do a search for joejoesmom's posts for the Dr. Couto info - she has a very thorough write-up.

Phooey - but I'm sure I've seen the post with all the information, shouldn't be hard to find :)

Friend did this with her non-grey. It worked for a few weeks but not very long -- really kind of a stopgap :( .

Sending gentle hugs to yourself and your pupper.

I had figured the stint and the catheter were short term solutions, which is why at the moment I'm partial not to follow these options .. especially since it will involve travel to facilities capable of performing them. I guess I'm just hoping for medications to keep her comfortable until such time as she's ready for the bridge :cry1

• 2 years later...
Guest 2greys2cats

Damien has been diagnosed with transitional cell carcinoma of his bladder. Not that I'm wishing this on anyone, but does anyone have experience with this cancer? The surgeries sound so invasive, I don't want to subject him to those, he's almost 11 and he's so shaky on his back legs anyway. He's going on piroxicam right away, but I don't know if there are any other treatments. We're going to talk to the NCSU Oncology department, too.

Any advice is appreciated, as are your good thoughts and prayers for our sweet boy.

Hi Lori, I was doing a search here in GT for TCC and your thread came up. How is your boy? I'm having a boy with some question of TCC and I was wondering what your boy's symptoms were...

Thanks