Lump By His Wee-wee

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

Archie, my JRT/Whippet mix, has developed an oblong lump under the skin next to his penis. In fact all the skin around his penis is kinda swollen and saggy. The lump is soft to the touch, not too hard, but I can't tell if it's "moveable" Any thoughts or ideas?

Archie is 13 and stresses out so much that I'm not sure I want to put him through multiple tests and vet visits. He's recently been dxd with early stages of kidney disease, and 7 years ago he had to have a third of his bladder removed. Other than saggy swolleness and a lump by his nether regions he's acting like his normal, spunky self

Thanks in advance :)

Guest SoulsMom

Nope, no discharge and it doesn't seem to be bothering him at all. . . .

He has such a fear of everyone but me that I worry about what might be going on and/or any treatment he may need :(

Guest Energy11

I was also thinking sheath infection. That would be pretty easy to dx and treat with antibiotics. Hugs to the little guy for me, and hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

Guest greytbookert

Maybe you could take a urine sample into the vet (without Archie) to see if there is any bacteria, as a starting point. then based upon the sample, it can be decided whether he needs to come in, just to reduce his trauma.

edited because I can't type lol

Edited by greytbookert

Guest greytbookert
Doe a sheath infection cause a lump? The lump is almost the size of his wee-wee, but runs along side it . . .

is it only on one side?

Guest Energy11

I don't know about those types of infections, but it most-likely could be just one-sided. Might want to just call the vet and see what he/she thinks???

Edited by Energy11

Guest greytbookert
Yup only on one side . . .

ok, I was just trying to rule out the "marble" syndrom :) I would give the vet a call and explain Archie's issue with the lump and also his dislike of anyone besides his mama and see what they think about bringing in a urine sample, without Archie for this particular issue and then go from there.

Guest Energy11

ok, I was just trying to rule out the "marble" syndrom :) I would give the vet a call and explain Archie's issue with the lump and also his dislike of anyone besides his mama and see what they think about bringing in a urine sample, without Archie for this particular issue and then go from there.

Sounds like a good Plan!

Cranberry juice in his drinking water can't hurt, meanwhile until his wee sample is tested.....I use it for ours occasionally.

If there's any heat in the lump it would suggest inflamation there.

Hope the little guy feels better soon.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest SoulsMom

:lol No, def not his marbles. Positive of that. Fortunately, my vet is very aware of Archie's fears so I'm sure he wouldn't have problems testing his pee without actually bringing him in . . . .

Guest greytbookert

:lol No, def not his marbles. Positive of that. Fortunately, my vet is very aware of Archie's fears so I'm sure he wouldn't have problems testing his pee without actually bringing him in . . . .

I figured as much, but just "had" to ask just in case! I remember the first time I saw Booker's marbles, I thought for sure that he had some disease! :lol:blush

Keep us posted on little Archie!

Guest SoulsMom

Still there, and he's still swollen but seems fine otherwise. Dr S isn't in until tomorrow, so then I'll call an see about dropping off a pee sample to be tested . . . I've googled and googled and can't find anything that matches his symptoms :unsure