Vets That Are Good With Greyhounds On The West Side Of Cleveland, Oh

Guest littlesyd85

Guest littlesyd85

So I need some help... I live in Parma Heights, Ohio and I need to find a new vet. I currently go to Crossroads Animal Hospital in Strongsville, Ohio. I suspect that they do a bit of "price gouging" and they always want to do a bunch of expensive tests every time something is wrong with my dogs or cats. She even charged me $65 to pop off a corn... Needless to say I had Linda Perko from Greyhound Adoption of Ohio teach me how to do it myself since they often reoccur. I really would like to find a good vet who knows a lot about Greyhounds and their common ailments. I have a strong inclination that Monarch may have Laryngeal Paralysis and I would like to take her somewhere that would recognize that without me having to tell them what I think it is (at Crossroads they wanted to x-ray her chest, this was after we had an expensive amount of blood work done). I said no because all of the noise comes from her throat, not deep down in her chest.

If anyone could help me out by letting me know of a few GREYT veterinarians in this area that would be fabulous!

Guest Energy11

If you are even in DRIVING distance to Ohio State University ... GO THERe!!! THEY SEE "regular" patients all the time! OSU could make ME move to Ohio! :-)) Good Luck!

Guest littlesyd85
If you are even in DRIVING distance to Ohio State University ... GO THERe!!! THEY SEE "regular" patients all the time! OSU could make ME move to Ohio! :-)) Good Luck!

That would be great but it is about 2 1/2 hours away! I know Dr. Couto and he does a lot of work for Greyhound Adoption of Ohio, which is the group I volunteer for. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Dr Bill Feeman is in Medina - Animal Medical Centre of Medina. He's a sometime poster here, and very knowledgeable about greyhounds.

Deanna with galgo Willow, greyhound Finn, and DH Brian
Remembering Marcus (11/16/93 - 11/16/05), Tyler (2/3/01 - 11/6/06), Frazzle (7/2/94 - 7/23/07), Carrie (5/8/96 - 2/24/09), Blitz (3/28/97 - 6/10/11), Symbra (12/30/02 - 7/16/13), Scarlett (10/10/02 - 08/31/13), Wren (5/25/01 - 5/19/14),  Rooster (3/7/07 - 8/28/18), Q (2008 - 8/31/19), and Momma Mia (2002 - 12/9/19).

Guest littlesyd85
Dr Bill Feeman is in Medina - Animal Medical Centre of Medina. He's a sometime poster here, and very knowledgeable about greyhounds.

I know him as well, he does a lot of volunteer work with Greyhound Adoption of Ohio. I was hoping to find somewhere that isn't 35 minutes away... I guess if I can't find anything closer I will bite the bullet and drive down there.

Guest littlesyd85
Just had to post because....your hound is GORGEOUS!!!!

Well thank you! She is a beauty isn't she?! One of your kids looks like the 10 year old girl I just adopted... She is a dark brindle, but her face is very white because of her age.

I live in Wooster and use a vet clinic that I really like, they are all grads of OSU and have worked at the greyhound wellness center in Columbus. Not sure how far of a drive Orrville is from your area and they have a branch office in Wadsworth/Seville area. I drive a bit over a half hour, its tedious at times to just pick up meds or something but I do really like the staff.