Bitter Yuck Vs. Bitter Apple

Guest eeyore

Guest eeyore

I'm trying the Bitter Yuck, 1st, then if that doesn't work, will try the Bitter Apple...all of the info I've read on both products mainly talk about their effectiveness on material items, ie; table legs, baseboards, windowsills, drywall, leashes, etc.....not much info when applying it to the actual fur on the dog....after all of the reading I've come across, it seems to me that each animal may respond differently to either product....kinda likr the trial & error method...any thoughts?

Guest eeyore

That's exactly what I'm dealing with....originally a cut nailbed of his outside toe, left frt.foot....that healed perfectly, but in trying to get the sock and vet wrap off, he managed to lick and chew, making the bandage sopping wet, so now I'm dealing with a very tiny bright pink raw area...even under his dewclaw....definitely getting better, but I've got to stop the licking!

Bitter Yuck is water-based; Bitter Apple is alcohol-based. Bitter Apple is fine on walls, furniture, bandages, etc., but don't use it on a wound where the alcohol will make the wound sting.

Bitter Yuck won't sting--but it's not a very strong taste. Actually, it tastes nasty on the first taste, but that first taste pretty much immunizes you to subsequent tastes. (My bottle leaks when I spray it, and I got a sample.)

You may need to muzzle with a muzzle guard. If you don't have a guard, you can put duct tape over the holes in the muzzle to prevent licking through the holes.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)