Over Heated

Guest ronansmom

Guest ronansmom

I'm wondering if other greyhounds are affected by our NYC weather (in the 80s mid-day) as Ronan has been. He pants heavily even in the early morning and evening hours. I wipe his chest down with a cool wet cloth to help cool him down. My other dog, a sighthound mix, doesn't seem to be as affected by the heat.

Guest kydie

I have two that don't like the heat, one grey and one lewllyn setter, the other 2 don't care if it's hot, although it is not really hot here often in western pa. I have a kiddy pool that they lay in

Guest Energy11

It is very HUMID here, and all of mine are sluggish, and Goldie, especially is always panting. IT is probably the heat and humidity. Summer stinks! Hopefully, fall with come very soon. Good luck with your baby. They do love their kiddie pools :-)

Guest BatesieGreys

Daisy isn't a fan of the heat, but the bigger issue for her seems to be the humidity. She is more sluggish than usual and doesn't even like to stay out long enough to go potty in the afternoon.

Aquitaine doesn't love the heat but she does fine with it. She just lays down on the wood floor in front of the AC when she wants to be cooler. Her walker, Kelly, does know that on the really hot days she should only go out for short walks and then just hang out with her for the balance of her time.

Where are you in the city? If you can get to Central Park, please feel free to join our meet-up group. The next one is August 16 @ 5:00 pm in the Pinetum (85th Street at the top of the Great Lawn). We'd love to see you.

Guest RocketDog

Out of my two, Rocket seems to get sluggish and panty earlier than Cassie. Neither of them care for temperatures over 90, but the yard-races stop once it hits 80 or so.Their favorite beds are the ones right in front of fans, and of course the most coveted place to nap is at the end of our bed where the window a/c is ;)