Ticks

Guest WhiteWave

Guest WhiteWave

I just picked up a foster dog for American Bulldog rescue in PA. She was covered in ticks (been sitting at Animal Control for 2 months). I bathed her and picked the ticks off and put a prevantatic collar on her. She seems ok, but I was wondering should she be tested for diseases? Or only is she gets sick?

Most of the ticks were small, only a few were "gorged".

I've never really had ticks on my dogs, but I know a fair many Greys get them at the tracks and have problems from them.

Poor girl is a high heartworm positive too.

Guest Energy11

I would do a tick panel through Protatek labs. Protatek Reference Lab: 574 E. Alamo St., Suite 90, Chandler, AZ 85225; (602) 545-8499.

You could call them (very helpful), and explain what you told us, and they can fax you a sheet to fill out for tick testing. ALL your vet has to do is draw the blood and spin it down for you, if he/she will do that ... a good vet would.

Good Luck with everything!

Guest isntitgreyt

I agree that you should have her tested. My Foxy has Erlichia that just won't go away but with her meds, she has not symptoms.