Cancer

Guest Supermuzzle

Guest Supermuzzle

My grey Amber has been diagnosed with cancer with two months to live. Dispite all the intrusive vet work she is a very happy dog who seems a lot livilier now than when we go her 4 months ago in April. Does anyone else have similar scenarios when you can only hope the vet is wrong but are prepared for the worst.??

I'm sorry to hear your news. :cry1 What kind of cancer was diagnosed? :blink:

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest GentleHugs

I'm sorry that your girl Amber was diagnosed with cancer. I wish I had some answers for you that would help but I don't and I'm so very sorry. Such a short time to have her and then to get devastating news like this......

Have you or your vet talked to Dr. Couto with the Greyhound Health and Wellness program at Ohio State University? He's very well versed and extremely helpful to everyone that's had Greyhounds diagnosed with cancer. I don't have his info near but I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. There's lots of support on this forum.

May I ask what type of cancer she has, how old is she and where are you located approximately?

Guest meakah

Gosh, I am so sorry to hear this. :( And you have only had her 4 months? That just isn't fair. :( Miracles do happen and vets sometimes make the wrong diagnosis. Sending positive healing vibes to your girly. :grouphug

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

The amazing thing is dogs live in the day. They don't know what we know

So yes, even though I know that the outlooks for my hounds has been bad, they live their lives for the moment.

I embrace those moments that I am given and share in their joy for the hear and now.(while I secretly cry in the bathroom)

If I'm sad they will be too, so I focus on their joy and not my sadness.

I'm so sorry that you all are going through this, plain and simple cancer SUCKS! :angryfire

Guest Energy11

I am very sorry, too. The BEST thing you can do, is to make EVERYDAY with your baby special, and vets and docs aren't always right!

Love and prayers from here for you.

We're in the same situation right now. We're doing a lot of holistic treatment to try to extend the time we've got, and improve the quality of life left. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk, I know it's not an easy thing to go through. There will be ups and downs, and all you can do is try to enjoy every minute. :grouphug