Anyone Have A Slightly-deformed Hound?

Guest Tuxsmom

I think she's beautiful. You asked how old they are when they get their tattoos, they usually do it at around 3 months of age.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest MnMDogs

She's beautiful!!!

There's a boy, George, at GFFL in Auburn whose head is shaped a bit like that. I think his is much more pronounced, though. He almost looks like he's got little budding horns, and his eyes are set much closer to the front of his head. That being said, I love love love that boy! I think it may affect his vision a bit, but otherwis he's a typical puppy like houndie (he's under 2 if I remember correctly).

He's a love, and I bet your girl is too! :)

Here is Georgie (5th one down on first page of adoptables). GFFL

Guest paulamariez

She is a beautiful doll! I wouldn't worry a bit about it. We always begin looking for our next greyhound the following week after losing one of ours. It helps to heal the heart and soul to know that you are helping another, so desperately in need of a home, love and forever family! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending you some doggie kisses.

I have two very orthopedically deformed hounds here. They, especially Bella, draw a lot of attention, people always need to point out to me Bella is limping. Your girl looks beautiful, hardly noticed the different shaping to her head. From one deformed hound owner to another, just be prepared for lots of questions from people. Good luck!

Linda, VAlor, Bella and Keeva

Guest fandogs

Hi June,

GH pups generally get tattooed around three months of age. If you do it later than that, they are a handful to hold during the process. Even at three months they can test your skills..LOL.

Tattooing was the LEAST favorite part of rearing up GH pups.. ask ANYONE on the farm.We had four hands working. Holding, cleaning, tattooing, inking.. marking NGA forms, coloring in markings on registration papers, including toe nail colors.. and changing numbers and letters for each pup.. For large litters it took half a day. We worried that some of our neighbors would hear the GHSOD.. I think this is where they learned how to do it.

Maxine

Edited by fandogs

Guest Hollys2hounds

What a beautiful face! ... and those eyes!

Here's hoping she stays with you for many, many years! :cheers

My Lexy has a de-formed foot. It only bothers the people who ask about it.

She is my maniac in the yard, running, spinning and jumping constantly.

Best of luck to you all!