Sterling's First Chemo Session

Guest RynnAndLyra

Guest RynnAndLyra

His first visit was last Monday. No side effects at all! He had an appetite the night of the chemo, however, the next night he did want to be hand fed : )

And on Saturday I got my first roach since amputation!!!!

He goes in next Monday for session two. I hope he does as well as he did the first time.

Guest RynnAndLyra

It is the chemo drug that starts with a "d" - the one provided by OSU. He will have four sessions, two weeks apart for each session. Then we will do x rays of his lungs and if all clear - will do the fifth and final treatment.

He has figured out how to stand up on one back leg with his front legs in the air. Yikes.

Stairs are not a problem - but he still wants to sleep in the den. That couch is just killing my back! When he is done with chemo - I will ask him to come upstairs to bed - if he doesn't want to - he can continue to sleep in the den by himself.

He's doing what?? He's jumping up on his one hind leg?? What a nut! Don't let him watch those Lippezzaner (sp?) horses any more!! :lol

So glad to hear he's doing so well, but I'm not surprised. :) Give him a snuggle from me, 'kay? :kiss2

Edited by Xan

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.