Jamey At Emergency Vet

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for Jamey. He came home Saturday morning, with another drain put in. He had a 4 x 4 cm pocket of infection which they surgically cleaned out - meaning he was put under a super quick anaesthetic for them to do this and to put another drain in. A very interesting drain- ingenious, really- it is the butterfly apparatus used for taking blood, modified to become a drain. It is loosely stitched to his body. I have to change the vacutainer tube 3 to 4 times a day. So far, so good with it. Jamey has slept a lot since he came home...except last night! I slept on the couch and Jamey just wanted his Daddy, who was sleeping in the bed. He finally fell asleep at 3 AM. Hopefully tonight will go better.

Edited by mom2four

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest Energy11
Thank you everyone for the well wishes for Jamey. He came home Saturday morning, with another drain put in. He had a 4 x 4 cm pocket of infection which they surgically cleaned out - meaning he was put under a super quick anaesthetic for them to do this and to put another drain in. A very interesting drain- ingenious, really- it is the butterfly apparatus used for taking blood, modified to become a drain. It is loosely stitched to his body. I have to change the vacutainer tube 3 to 4 times a day. So far, so good with it. Jamey has slept a lot since he came home...except last night! I slept on the couch and Jamey just wanted his Daddy, who was sleeping in the bed. He finally fell asleep at 3 AM. Hopefully tonight will go better.

Wow.. That IS ingenious! I know exactly what you mean about the butterfly and the vacutainer. It should work very well. Good vet, from what you wrote here. I hope you guys have a wonderful, restful, night! Hugs from Dee and The Five