I'm So Nervous..hannah Has A Growth

Guest tammymacb

Guest tammymacb

I noticed it today. On her hip, it's about quarter size and feels hard. It doesn't seem to hurt her when I touch it.

Hannah will be 10 this July. She's not a "young" 10. She has SLO, corns and arthritis. So, she limps most of the time. I've noticed her slowing down lately, just little changes in her behavior. But, I keep telling myself, "she's 10".

I've got an appointment for Thursday. I have no idea what it is, but I'm already a mess. After losing Shuggie this winter so quickly and unexpectedly, I can't deal with the thought of losing my Hannah. Please let it be nothing... :(

Edited by tammymacb

It could be anything, but it doesn't sound like osteo. Hang in there, you have my prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Kinda like a big mosquito bite? hopefully it is a histiocytoma, Cabby had one of those about a month ago, they aspirated it and it came back benign, then went away on its own, it took a few weeks

here is a pic, the hair came out of his pretty easily...

DSCN1319.jpg

DSCN1348.jpg

Hopefully that is all that it is!!! :hope

Here is one more pic I found, it was on his thigh, does it look similar? I hope so.....

DSCN1347.jpg

Guest Spencers_Greyt

It will be alright. Buzz has several lumpy things that the vet said were nothing to worry about. He said to pay attention to them and if they grow then bring him back in. I'm sure Hannah will be fine! Keep a positive outlook! It is our nature to start freaking out but that won't do Hannah or yourself any good until you have a diagnosis. :bighug

Guest kydie

Pups develop lumpy things no matter what breed, I have a GSP that has had a growth kind of like a large wart on front leg for many years, I don't worry about Had an old lab with so lumps you couln't count, some things you can't do much about as they age, I mean we all have lumps we didn't have when we were younger too, white light to your old friend, I just love senior dogs, they are the BEST

Guest SusanP

And even when it *is* cancer, it's good to catch it small like that. Our Zippy has had 2 completely different malignant growths removed from different parts of her body in the last couple of years and is doing fine.