Dogs Age Bird Food (thistle)

Guest greytsox

Guest greytsox

My 2 Greys got into a bag of thistle yesterday around 2pm. At first I didn't think they ate any but after dinner 1 of them started vomiting lots of it up. He then vomited again at 4am and is now pooping thistle out. I called the emergency vet to see what to watch for and she just said watch for bloat. Today's he's pooped a few time ( pure thistle ) and just now vomited but only yellow stomach bile. The other dog has pooped thistle a few times but no vomiting..

How concerned should I be?

Guest Energy11

That is DEFINITELY a veterinarian question. I'd give your vet a call, and see what he/she thinks.

Good luck and good thoughts coming from here! D

Guest greytsox

I called the vet again today and they suggested just the bland diet. They didn't seem too concerned. No more vomiting and 1 is pooping normal again. Jacoby obviously ate WAY more than polly did.

Guest Energy11

If the vet doesn't seem concerned, then you are probably okay. Just keep an eye on both. If you do see panting, pacing, heavy breathing, repeated attempts to vomit or poop, then, I'd take either, or both into the vets ASAP.

Hopefully, you are through the worst of this now. You need to tell them, ... You guys are NOT birds :-)

Best of luck to you. You are in our thoughts and prayers! D