Repeated Gulping?

Do any of your hounds do a sound like they are choking once in a while? Pongo is doing a lot of gulping this evening like something stuck in the throat.

I know there isn't anything there - perhaps irritated due to dust??

Susan

Susan and Pongo

Guest SoulsMom

Soul does it too. Sometimes I have to "soothe" his throat by stroking his neck. And sometimes he'll do it in conjunction with a 'reverse' sneeze. First time he did that it freaked me out! Archie (non-grey) also used to do it a lot, but not so much anymore.

Guest Energy11

Cari gets that from eating grass. Oakly has reverse sneezing.

I usually give Cari plain yogert to soothe her throat, and rub Oakly's until he stops ...

Good Luck!

Guest pennmorgan

Olivia's doing that sometimes these days. I think it's allergies and what she's trying to swallow is phlegm. She hacks a little too. But when she starts doing it, I just give her one generic benadryl and that seems to solve it for 12 hours or so.

Guest ChelseyQ

my grey hasnt done that before but my yorkie will do it all the time, like what was said before i just kinda calm her down and rub her back and shell slow down or stop