Hopefully Soon-to-be Owner In Mi

Guest limbrooke83

Oh, she's pretty, and looks really playful in the first picture with her tongue like that! :P

Best of luck for the interview, I know how nerv-wrecking it can be!

Guest WhenIGiveIn
Thanks, guys! All the greyhound owners I've met thus far have been a great bunch of people, so I'm not too nervous. Although I will admit it's always a little nerve-wracking when you have something like this set up - especially for people who don't "entertain" at home much. ;) Mostly, though, I'm just anxious to finish the home visit and hopefully adopt my first grey!

Michelle - do you know what the process is after an approved home visit so far as how soon the adopter can choose and bring home their dog? I'm asking because if Lindsay is still available we'd like to adopt her ASAP, since we know there are others also interested in her who've been hesitating for a few days now in making their final decision. If she's already adopted, we'll look at the other hounds, but if not there's no question in our minds we'll want to adopt her. ;) Thanks!

basically you will know pretty quickly if your approved then you can meet the dogs and there is a 24hour cool down. You can of course talk to who ever is doing your home visit and they can go over all the details.

Guest limbrooke83

A quick update for everyone: We had our home visit today, and I think it went pretty well. :) Unfortunately, Lindsay (the dog we initially really "connected with") is spoken for already, but there are plenty of other dogs just waiting for good homes. I'm sure one of them will catch our hearts! I'll be sure to post back once things progress - DH and I are excited and glad things are hopefully moving along towards that final goal - bringing home our first hound! Thanks to everyone here for the warm welcome, advice, and support! You guys are greyt! :D

Guest WhenIGiveIn

Well a big congrats on the home visit going well. Im sure the right hound is out there for you even if its not Lindsay!

Guest IrskasMom

A Friend of mine just adopted a Greyhound ( her first one ever ) . She said , when she went to the Kennel, there was one

who came right up to her and chose her . Well , that was it and she brought him Home . She is a very happy Camper .

Guest limbrooke83

Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome! There is a new group of hounds coming in this weekend, so depending on their personalities, etc we may end up with one of those a few weeks from now. I'm sure the right grey will come along soon. I'll be sure to post pics when it does! :D

Guest limbrooke83

Oops, just to clarify, Lindsay is already spoken for. :( However, there are lots of new hounds coming into the adoption group this weekend, so we're hoping one of those will be a good fit for us. Thanks again everyone! I'm sure I'll be posting a lot more once we get our dog! :D

Guest CaseynovasMom

Hey Brooke!

To quote Tom Petty "the waiting is the hardest part"!! I remember being SOOO anxious during that application/waiting period. The bottom line is, you will end up with the perfect pup for you - and we will be here waiting to get to know you both!!

Congrats on taking the first step!! :baloons

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lovebug610

I am from Michigan too and hoping to adopt our first grey soon! I came to the boards to gain some confidence after our first adoption 3 years ago did not go so well.

Good luck with your new DeeDee!