What Flea And Tick Meds Are You Using This Year

Guest SueG201

Guest Cris_M

I'm not using anything. Yes, there are plenty of fleas and ticks in GA, but I very, very, very rarely see one on Duncan. I think it is because he is raw fed, but he may be naturally icky tasting to bugs.

Last summer I thought I would use one on him. I used the Vectra 3D. Big surprise.... he didn't have any fleas or ticks while he was on it. Anyway, he had zero reaction to it so I would give it again if needed. I do know that it works because I gave it to my son's "They're eating me alive!" Lab. It took about 45 days before he needed to be retreated.

Comfortis works so well! I am surprised to see that you can buy it online. You are not supposed' to be able to get it online because not all dogs should have comfortis. If a dog has had a history of seizures, it could be a risk to give it to your pet. Also, you have to give comfortis with a full meal or it is less effective. Also, not all dogs tolerate Comfortis-Sometimes, vomiting and/or diarrhea occur. Luckily, for my hounds they tolerate it and it works great! In fact, I will never use another flea prevention product....

You have to have a prescription. Also, Allivet, the place I ordered it from is in FL and a licensed pet pharm.

I'm really glad to hear that it's working on your hounds!!

Guest FordRacingRon

I sometimes wonder if there are bad batches of FL plus.

We have had Leia for over 3 years. We've always used FL plus from my vet. This was for the first two years. I tried to go cheaper at the beginning of last summer and bought a 9 months supply from Petco online,,the cheapest I could find. After about 4 months (like last October) Leia had fleas. Fleas in fall and winter. Not a lot, one or two here and there and my take was they will eventually die after they bite,,but I would pick one to 5 off her a day. The puzzeling thing to me was she never ever had a flea before. She got 2 months off(Janurary and February) and the fleas started coming back. Well I found a cheaper source online,,,the cheapest I have ever found,, and applied that last month. Fleas haven't been back since. At ifrst I was buying into the "fleas are becoming immune" story too but now I am wondering if it was just a weak batch.