Trash Bag Cover?

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Has anyone ever used a trashbag to protect the inside of your dog beds? After washing the poo off of Cougar's cover, I wrapped the bed in a trash bag before recovering with the cloth outer cover. It may get wadded into a little ball in there, but thought it might help if we have more explosions tomorrow.

I've not used a trashbag, but when my last dog had sleep incontinence, I got waterproof mattress pads, put them under the dog bed cover, and secured with some "sheet suspenders" I happened to have. Sending good thoughts for Cougar.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest ctgreylover

I used to stuff a comforter inside a HUGE green garbage bag then inside the dog bed cover... I had a grey who had pee issues... it made it much more easy to clean up

I've done this too (inner bag inside giant garbage bag), but Tribute is TERRIFIED of garbage bags and he refused to lay on the bed because it crinkled. Heaven forbid! So much for that plan.

Mom to Palm City Roxie ("Roxie"). Remembering Heizer Jordan ("Jordan"), DB's PickedtoWin ("Andy"), CB Ectasy ("Ecstasy"), Oshkosh Unafraid ("Tribute"), Arathorn, WV's Imperial ("Abby") and her brother WV's Institute ("Mojo") and KB's Gameboy ("Game Boy"), who've all gone to the Bridge. Working with Austin Greyhound Adoption <austingreyhounds.org>.

Has anyone ever used a trashbag to protect the inside of your dog beds? After washing the poo off of Cougar's cover, I wrapped the bed in a trash bag before recovering with the cloth outer cover. It may get wadded into a little ball in there, but thought it might help if we have more explosions tomorrow.

Our rescue group does it when necessary. Most of the dogs at the group's kennels are just on slotted rubber mats in their runs. But sometimes we get a special-needs dog--say, one needing long-term treatment for heartworms--that will be at the kennel for a long time. (The kennel is in the lower floor of an animal hospital, so the kenneled dogs have easy/fast access to the vet as needed.) The group will set up an ex-pen in the kennel office (more room in the ex-pen than in a kennel), and a dog bed in the pen. So the group puts a dog bed covered in a trash bag inside a cloth cover. Volunteers have made extra covers, too. A kennel volunteer would drop in daily, change the soiled cover, and take the old cover home to launder it.

ETA: If the crinkly sound of the trash bag distresses Cougar, put a blanket or old beach towel around the trash bag, under the cloth cover, to muffle the sound of the bag. You'll have to wash the blanket or towel, but the bed will still be protected.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest TaraCoachCougar

We survived without needing the trash bag today, but I think I'll leave it on there because all he had for breakfast was rice and pumpkin and he also sometimes gets his bed wet if he goes on a barking spree when we aren't here and soaks his bed with slober. I went to pick up more of the new food at Tractor Supply, but the man in front of me got the last Nature's Recipe Venison. That left only vegetarian, which I went ahead and got hoping since it's all in the sensitive stomach family that he'll be fine even with the switch from venison to vegetarian. They are only 20 lb bags so I can check back soon for some with meat and mix in my rubbermaid tub.