Weight Loss & Lymphocites?

Guest freightsmom

Guest freightsmom

Some background....I moved back to Virgina in November leaving DH in Florida along with the two houndies while the house was up for sale. All was fine until mid-February, Freight had licked a paw to the point he had a raw spot so we took him to his vet. Vet diagnosed a yeast infection and put him on Fluconazale 200 mgs for 21 days.

I came back up to Virginia until Feb 27th when I flew back down to bring DH and puppies up here. I almost fell in the floor when I saw Freight! He had lost a lot of weight in only those 2 weeks. Freight already had an appointment as a follow up on the yeast infection scheduled with a Vet here (4 days after leaving Florida). When they weighed him he had dropped from 91 lbs to 78 lbs....holy cow! The Vet ran both blood and fecal tests, the only result that was slightly off was his lymphocyte count, a little low said the Vet. She said to stop giving him the antibiotics and go back to feeding him 4 cups of food (we had dropped his food back to 3 cups daily back in late December to shed a few pounds).

Soooo, we've been giving him Milk Bones for the calories and put his food back to 4 cups. Took him today to the Vet's office and weighed him. He's put about 2 lbs back on in a week but I'm still concerned over the drastic drop in weight over such a short time. Any ideas if the antibiotic interferred with his metabolism? Would the lymphocites have anything to do with his weight loss? BTW, he never stopped eating, peeing, pooping or playing during this time :lol

Thanks!