Introducing Barney

Guest BarneysMom

Guest IrskasMom

Hello Josh and Patti .... and of course Barney :wave:wave:wave There is a lot of Info and Help available here and

most of all ..... a lot of nice People with an obsession for Greys.

Guest BarneysMom
Welcome to GT from PA! Having Barney sleep happily downstairs isn't such a bad thing. My husband (not a dog person) took 18 years to decide to find out what he's been missing all this time. He also happens to be a light sleeper. So, when Ringo moved in and came up to our bedroom that first night, he laid right down on his bed and began a loooonnnnggggg bath. When he was finally done and we were just drfting off to sleep, it was time to get up, stretch and shake out. Even though his ears aren't very long, they do slap loudly when he shakes his head. Oh, then there was the most foul gas ever as his sensitive digestive system worked on the "cat treats" he found in the litterbox. Have you ever been "farted awake" by a silent but deadly. :puke

Needless to say, that is all behind us now and we are all sleeping soundly in the same room. Ringo has earned the nickname "Slappy" though :lol

Haha, we had that kind of experience a couple of times when we had carried Barney upstairs to sleep with us. He would just not go to sleep at all, but wonder around, shake, stretch, lay down, get up... those were some rough, sleepless nights.

He is a lot better downstairs now and goes right to sleep. :)

@ Sandy: Beanie is SO cute!

We went through Colorado Greyhound Adoption. Let me know when you are going to a meet & greet and where!

Thanks again everyone for all your nice posts!

Guest dsszarzi

We went through Colorado Greyhound Adoption. Let me know when you are going to a meet & greet and where!

Hi Patty,

We got Buddy from Colorado Greyhound Adoption. We got Beans and Bo Boo from Rocky Mountain Greyhound Adoption. So...we go to both group's functions.

We will be at CGA's Extreme Bowling for Greyhounds on Sunday, April 26. Beanie will be there!

We will be at the Thortonfest on Saturday, May 16, from 3:00-5:00 at the RMGA booth. All three pups will be there.

Let me know if you plan on going to one or both of these functions. 303-420-5802.

Oh..See my Introduction on page 2 (I think) "New From Colorado".

Sandy

Edited by dsszarzi

• 1 month later...
Guest BarneysMom

Hi Patty,

We got Buddy from Colorado Greyhound Adoption. We got Beans and Bo Boo from Rocky Mountain Greyhound Adoption. So...we go to both group's functions.

We will be at CGA's Extreme Bowling for Greyhounds on Sunday, April 26. Beanie will be there!

We will be at the Thortonfest on Saturday, May 16, from 3:00-5:00 at the RMGA booth. All three pups will be there.

Let me know if you plan on going to one or both of these functions. 303-420-5802.

Oh..See my Introduction on page 2 (I think) "New From Colorado".

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Sorry I only just read this and for some reason I am not able to message you. :)

We may be going to that Bowling for Greyhounds event, so we might see you there!

Hope all is well!

Patty

Hi Patty! Another welcome from Florida!! :wave

Barney is so handsome!! Congrats!

Just wanted to let you know we have a 2 story house as well, with regular, carpeted stairs. Neither Toby nor Robin choose to go up there--hardly ever--even though both of them are capable of walking up and down the stairs. I guess they both just prefer to hang out downstairs. This works out fine for us because our master bedroom is downstairs and they both sleep in our room at night.

I just think a lot of greyhounds are very quirky when it comes to stairs.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest BarneysMom
Hi Patty! Another welcome from Florida!! :wave

Barney is so handsome!! Congrats!

Just wanted to let you know we have a 2 story house as well, with regular, carpeted stairs. Neither Toby nor Robin choose to go up there--hardly ever--even though both of them are capable of walking up and down the stairs. I guess they both just prefer to hang out downstairs. This works out fine for us because our master bedroom is downstairs and they both sleep in our room at night.

I just think a lot of greyhounds are very quirky when it comes to stairs.

Thank you Rita!

I just wish he could sleep in the same room with us too, but he seems fine alone downstairs. Maybe one day he will want to be upstairs with us. :)

Guest UESBrindle

:welcome2 from NYC Patty and Jeff and Barney!!

DBF's (and Lauren, gracegirl) family is in Centennial and I just flew out for the first time in January-- such a pretty area! I'm sure you all will have a GREYT time with Barney out there!

Elizabeth, Rob, and William

Guest fatesrelease

He is adorable. Congrats!!!! :D :D

Sarah does well with some stairs and some not so much. We just got a new porch which is our stairway entry to our apartment and she won't go down them. She'll go up fine, but not down. I know going down is much harder for greys, so we are being patient.

:)

Guest IrskasMom

Trust me Ms. Patty , Barney will in time sleep with you . What a handsome Boy you got there. BTW. I am also from

Germany (Augsburg /Allgaeu ) I Bragg about my Boy to all my Family in Germany. :wave :wave :wave :wave

Edited by IrskasMom

Guest BarneysMom
Trust me Ms. Patty , Barney will in time sleep with you . What a handsome Boy you got there. BTW. I am also from

Germany (Augsburg /Allgaeu ) I Bragg about my Boy to all my Family in Germany. :wave :wave :wave :wave

Thank you Elizabeth, Christine and Erika! :)

Erika, I am originally from Mainz. I brag about Barney too, but not only to my German family and friends... I feel like I am talking about him all the time! I am sure my colleagues at work are rolling their eyes already. :unsure

Wie bist Du in den USA gelandet? :)

All best,

Patty

Guest TexasGreytMom

Patty-

Hi! I can so relate to your situation! Our Dora was essentially saved by her foster mom. Dora was found running along a highway by evacuees from Louisianna who were were fleeing to Texas. She had run her pads almost off!

So glad that you found this forum .... you'll love it!

• 2 weeks later...