Building The Bridge

Guest AzLazyHounds

Guest AzLazyHounds

Last October we unfortunately had to put one of our greyhounds down. We had talked to so many through this forum during the illness and loss. Rythum was a wonderful addition to our family, and yes I still cry when I think of her. A lot has happened in the past 4 months, and yes, even when one door closes with darkness, another one opens. Once Rythum passed away, we became concerned about our other grey, Daylight. She had always had another grey around and just turned 9 last December. Our original plan of course was to wait until we felt better/dealt with the loss before we added another grey into our house. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Daylight immediately stopped eating, became less social and we were very worried about her behavior. We decided to add another grey into our house before we were so called "ready" for that addition. I'm very happy to say that Debater (The Great Debater) has changed Daylights for the better. She is so much more playful and social. :) Were we ready for another grey, I don't know. All I know is that we all needed each other. Today is the first time in almost 4 months since we have logged on to this website. Its good to be back.

G & K

Daylight and Debater

Waiting at the bridge - Alladin & Rythum

welcome back :)

I'm so sorry about Rythum, I lost a beloved hound (Bloodhound not Grey) this past year too, and the agony - well there just aren't words for it.

I'm so happy for Daylight, you and Debater. Sounds like this is what you all needed. No one can ever take their place in our hearts, but it sure is nice to have another hound body laying around. Best wishes for all of you :)

Welcome back, we are so sorry for your loss but glad that it opened another door for you. We went through the same thing when we lost our Angel Vinnie. Our hearts were broken and I did not think I could handle having another hound around when it was so unfair to have to walk Vinnie to the Bridge so young - but he had other ideas for us. His sister hadn't found her forever home yet and I was crying and their uncle was constantly crying (he belongs to my boss) and we were just a mess - 2 weeks went by and we decided to ask about Gracie, Vinnie's sister - she came home with us 2 weeks later - and helped to heal all of our hearts. Now we have welcomed another greyt into our home. We stayed away from gt for awhile after and then finally started coming around - now we can't stay away! Can't wait to see pix of Daylight and Debater - I'll bet that Rythum is watching over you all and smiling.