Seizure?

Guest IGPoppa

Guest IGPoppa

Last night Gracie scared the crap out of me. We were laying on the couch and she tried to get up but she couldn't. I was watching her for a few seconds thinking maybe her leg was asleep or something. Then I realized she was in trouble as she kept falling over. So I picked her up and tried to get her to stand on the floor. It was as if her legs were stiff and would just flail out to the sides. She could not hold her own weight. So I stood there holding her in a standing position and gradually let more of her weight down. She seemed to be able to stand on her own again so I let go of her and she paniced and fell on her side. I picked her up and held her again and tried to let her weight down gradually. She was able to stand on her own in about 5 minutes.

The only way I can describe it is a seizure. Is this a common problem with Iggys? Graciella is 6 years old and has not had any health problems since she was a puppy. She is totally fine this morning as if nothing happened. Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?

Guest EmilyAnne

It really does sound like a seizure. Not all seizures result in violent shaking. Henry starts out his grand-mals like how you described. Has she aten anything different lately or taken meds or had any vaccines recently? I'd get her into the vet and have her checked out. Hopefully this is a one time event.

Edited by EmilyAnne

Guest IGPoppa
It really does sound like a seizure. Not all seizures result in violent shaking. Henry starts out his grand-mals like how you described. Has she aten anything different lately or taken meds or had any vaccines recently? I'd get her into the vet and have her checked out. Hopefully this is a one time event.

Thanks for the reply. I have been doing some reading on-line and looking through some books I have on IGs and I think the problem happened because she got into a bag of cat treats. I think it was an alergic reaction to the cat treats. If this happens again I will be taking her to the vet. Right now I am un-employed and counting all my pennies otherwise I'd take her today.

She is acting fine today as if nothing ever happened.