Shredded Pro Plan

Guest sc1911cwp

they changed it back since 1/09.

They have? ....I've only seen the new stuff and I'm not too thrilled with it...I've fed PP lamb and rice for several years and my guys were fine with it ...the new stuff gave really "soft serve" stools for a while..they've firmed some but still not like what they were with the old formula...wish they'd left well enough alone :angry:

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

My understanding is they've added back a couple of the original kinds, in large bags. (I still don't understand why more people don't feed the ProPlan Selects varieties, unless they can't afford or can't find them.)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest greyladydown
they changed it back since 1/09.

They have? ....I've only seen the new stuff and I'm not too thrilled with it...I've fed PP lamb and rice for several years and my guys were fine with it ...the new stuff gave really "soft serve" stools for a while..they've firmed some but still not like what they were with the old formula...wish they'd left well enough alone :angry:

They've only agreed to bring back the original adult chicken and rice in the 37.5 pound bags. It's not in all stores yet.

My ProPlan rep said that Purina would consider bringing back the other formulas IF enough people call and ask them to do so.

I bought several bags of the shredded blend, and at first the dogs seemed to really like it. As time went by, however, they were less enthusiastic, and Rascal would eat all the crunchy bits and leave every bit of the shredded pieces.

So they are back to Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice. It's cheaper anyway.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest sc1911cwp

Well its been five days since I placed the boys on Sensitive Stomach. I originally started with trying to go slow transitioning them but decided that since they both had the runs I might just as well change all at once. I made sure they had plenty of water available. About two days afterwards both guys were forming stools!!! Cody has never been formed as well and was always loose but now he's formed. Wyatt is back to his normal. So they will stay there as I feel it is a good food, available, and the right price. If I could do anything it would be to go raw but there are too many hurdles at this time. I will monitor their weight, I always do, and observe for any other nutritional needs. At this time I usually give fish oil and glucosamine. Both have done well with it, however I did stop it when changing foods so I will introduce it once again. Keep ya posted.