How Often Can I Bathe My Grey?

Guest the36thchamber

Guest the36thchamber

I posted yesterday about Lego's hot spot that he's been chewing on. I got a few comments saying to give him a bath and rinse well. He just had a bath a few weeks ago, is it safe to bathe him again so soon?

Or maybe you could just rinse that one area. Greyhounds, unlike other breeds don't require baths regularly. I give baths as needed to my pack which is usually 2 - 3 tims a year but I do "spot" clean as necessary, especially Beau's leg which always has urine on it!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmilyAnne

I would bathe 'as needed'. If his coat is greasy, (which would make me suspicious of underlying problem) or if he has rolled in the mud, or if he has fleas, or dermatitis or something of that nature. I have an Eskie, and it is reccomended they be bathed every two to three months, and brushed daily. Right now Riley is on weekly medicated baths per vet's instructions. So, it will vary.

What I love about greys is they are so shorthaired/bald, they are easy to 'spot clean'!

The most important things is to very thoroughly rinse off all shampoo.

Guest Greensleeves

My boy Flint gets regular baths to control his allergies. Right now we're bathing three times a week; he's gone as frequently as every day (we found that a day between baths was actually most beneficial)! If possible, pick up some medicated shampoo to treat the hot spot. I can't recall the name of the wound-cleansing shampoo we got for Nelly after her ear surgery, but it's from DVM Pharmaceuticals/Teva Health, (the same line as Relief, Resiprox, etc). It helped her *immensely.*