What To Give For Joints?

Guest FireHorse

Guest FireHorse

A couple of weeks ago, Luke was grumpy and gimpy, and Dr C removed a fairly large corn. At the time, she said she thought the corn was throwing his gait off, which was in turn making his arthritic knee more painful-a double whammy.

After she removed it, he clearly felt better, but he never did get over the limp. The corn hasn't come back (I've looked; way too many times, if you ask Luke) but Luke is walking around like Hopalong Cassidy. If he's standing still, he stands hip-cocked so he doesn't have to put weight on it, and when he comes up the kitchen stairs from outside, he does so three-legged. On the plus side, he's not growly like he was with the corn and (so far, anyway) hasn't objected to me folding him into his pjs.

I expect this is his arthritic knee acting up. He has an appointment Thursday with Dr C, and I'm guessing she'll order xrays, just to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Going on the assumption that it is arthritis, what can I give him as a dietary supplement to help? I've tried to give him Synovi before, and he won't eat it. I do give him a glucosamine/chondroitin tab, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. Since they're fed raw, Luke gets *lots* of chicken feet. I'm sure there are other things out there, I just don't know what they are.

My poor boober. He's not an old man, but between his whiter-by-the-week face and his arthritic knee, he sure looks like it. He'd like to go out and zoom with Jet--usually the cooler weather has him out zooming every day--but right now, he won't because his knee hurts.

We use 100% pure glucosomine and MSM from http://wwwgreyhoundgang.com (all proceeds go to the hounds)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project