Ear Infection?

Guest toni

Hey everyone! Well I have a medical question so I come to the experts! My baby Condo loves to have his ears rubbed... I think some of you refer to the groan as an eargasim???? Anyway tonight he screamed when i rubbed on his right ear. I looked in it and i think he may have an ear infection, it looked a little red and i think there was a small amount of drainage. I hate to take him to the E-vet just bc its not his DR. but I dont want him in pain through out the weekend. Do you all know if its ok to put baby ear drops in Greyhound ears? I know that they make some stuff for infants and I thought about trying it out. Any advice on this subject???? Id really appreciate it! Thanks!

Guest greytexplorer

If your regular vet is open on Saturday, I'd opt for that.

Does the ear smell? That can be an indicator.

For pain, you can give metacam or tramadol or coated aspirin (easier on the tummy).

Good luck!

No it doesnt smell any worse than the rest of him...hahahaha. and no my vet isnt open on Sat. He was just rubbing it... is there any reason I SHOULDNT try the infant ear drops?????

Minor ear infect with ear drops. Vet said its probably from the rain we have had...my ding dong dog laike to lay in the rain! Hes loving the ear drops because they come with a head massage. All is well!