Small Bump

Guest the36thchamber

Guest the36thchamber

I noticed today that Lego has a small bump on his back that wasn't there before. It's on the skin and not the muscle. If I were to compare it to something that I've had in the past, I'd say maybe a spider bite? It's hard to tell what color it is, didn't look discolored to me but my wife says that it's red which I don't see. What could this possibly be, should I be concerned at all? My first thought was to wait a few days and see if it goes away on it's own or gets bigger. That's exactly what I'd do if I noticed a bump on myself. He doesn't seem at all bothered when I touch it. I appreciate your opinions, thank you.

Edited by the36thchamber

Guest Scouts_mom

I agree with the wait and watch approach. If it gets larger or seems sore or if Lego seems to be in pain, then I would visit the vet. For my first grey, I was at the vet for every little thing and they never amounted to much--now I am more relaxed about these things

Guest poopsie1

I'm a worry wart so I would probably have it checked out. Stanley has a small bump on his left side down by his ribs so I brought him to the vet. She said it's soft and mushy so definitely not a tumor. She told me to just keep an eye on it but I feel better that I got her professional opinion.