Lyme ..and Stress..:(

The test results are in... despite regular applications of Frontline..and checking for ticks.. Minty tested positive for Lyme Disease. :(

She's my little "Snugglebug". I've been thru the Lyme before.. my Angel Moondoggy was diagnosed with it right after we adopted him at 4 and a half..and though it would flare up from time to time he had a happy life for 8 years with us.

Minty's not even showing really any sign of joint pain... just somewhat tired and .. she's a "zoomer"... has always done the zoomies in the yard and hasn't wanted to do them much lately. But, in addition.. there's been a lot of stress in the house the past 7 months.. and it's been affecting her tummy. Truth is.. my husband and I are separating and the tension is high here. She's "Mama's girl"; since the day he "surprised me" with his "news" she's slept with me..often with her paw in my hand. But I hate seeing it effect her..she'll jump and run to her "safe spot" (my bed) at a door slam or raised voice. I'm careful not to make a big deal and coddle her then... I do more of the "hey.. wanna come outside with me and look for bunnies?" and she perks up; but... jeeshh... my poor little girl!

Stress... Lyme... more icky pills to take; right now she's back on the boiled beef & rice so not even any yummy treats for the moment... and next Wednesday is her 6th birthday.

Aside from the antibiotics and the Tylan powder (to firm up the stools) and the bland diet... and lots of loving... any other advice? Her and I are still going to Dewey... leaving Monday.. even the vet agreed that being away from the stress at home would be good..(she's a good traveler) ..I just may have to limit excursions out a bit.

Linda & Minty

Minty Baby girl we love you and we are praying for you. We can't wait to see you in Dewey. You have been such a trooper for your mommy and we are so proud of you. :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug :kiss2

Sending lots of prayers and white light for Minty and mommy too. :hope :hope :hope :hope :candle

I am so sorry I have no suggestions, I have no experience with Lyme Disease.

Minty, we will celebrate your birthday in Dewey.... :confetti:confetti:b-day

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Less than 24 hours from yesterday's vet visit and Minty's not feeling so great. Two doses of her antibiotic.. (along with the Tylan powder).. and this morning she was extra lazy. She perked up for a bit after perked up after breakfast... and perked up when she saw the "Mom's going out routine"....but when I got home she didn't greet me at the door... instead she was dry heaving.. nothing came up ... Things got a little hectic for bit 'cause along with bringing in groceries I discovered big ole tick burrowing in MY forearm and was trying to get it out.. unsuccessful..my friend ran over to get it out for me; meanwhile Minty dry heaved a few more times.

So...I called the vet and he wanted to see her.. gave her an injection of antibiotic and something to coat her tummy...(by one of those syringe things in her mouth)... changed her oral antibiotic... and I have to call him tomorrow. He also said he read her thyroid level results and he's concerned with that.

Okay... I'm getting worried here... this is too much at once.... STUPID blasted ticks!!!

Sigh....

Linda

Sending prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.