Skunk Smell

Guest agent8

Guest greytlady

We had a recipe at the shelter I worked at that did fairly well. The best I can remember it was a bottle of peroxide, a cup of baking soda and a dash of dawn to make it suds. Mix together and plaster on the critter and let sit for 5 minutes or so and rinse off. Takes most of the stink off unless they get wet again.

Guest CindiLuvsGreys

From PGC's website:

SKUNK REMEDY

1 gallon 3% hydrogen peroxide (first aid kind)

1 cup baking soda

4 teaspoons dishwashing liquid (not dishwasher)

Apply the solution to your dry Greyhound, carefully avoiding his eyes. Thoroughly work the solution into his fur for five full minutes. Rinse him thoroughly. Repeat as necessary.

NOTE: This mixture cannot be stored. Do not place it in a closed container. Discard any remaining solution as soon as you are finished.

For the house, put some vanilla extract in a pot of boiling water and just let it simmer for a few hours.

Guest Shamrock

After going thru the same thing at 11:30 one night, I found two good fixes. One is a commercial product available at any feed type store. The other is several boxes of douche mixed in a bath tub or wash tub. Works very quickly.

Bill