Billy Is Sick......again

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Billy has lost more weight. He is down to 75lbs and he looks terrible. The vet did a ton of bloodwork. I haven't even been home for more than 45 min and she already called with the results....he has pancreatitis. She is going to call a script into the pharmacy and I can pick it up in the morning. She said he is probably pretty uncomfortable right now and to put him on a bland/low fat diet. Billy does not eat table food and I don't know of anything that he has gotten into recently. The vet said it could be dietary or an infection and it is possible that he didn't get into anything. She wants to do more bloodwork in a few weeks to make sure that the pancreatitis is cleared up. She mentioned an ultrasound but wanted to wait and see how the anitbiotics worked first. She said that it is not life threatening right now. But I still fee bad for my poor boy. :(

Thanks to everyone for your good thoughts.

Big hugs and hopes the meds help him.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest paulamariez

Awwww, poor sweet Billy! He must feel miserable. I'm sending more prayers for a quick healing of your Billy. Hope he feels better soon. Glad to hear that the vet figured out what was wrong quickly.

Edited by paulamariez